Deficiency Warning – MOST Form Misuse
May 16, 2023
The MOST Form is not intended for use with all residents.
Now that the PHE is over, State Surveyors are shifting their focus to Advance Directives procedures. We estimate that at least half of our providers will receive deficiencies in the coming months in this area.
Here’s what you should review:
- Ensure the MOST form is not included in your standard admission packet of forms.
- Use the Acknowledgment of Notice of My Right to State Advance Directives upon admission and acquire a physician order if the resident elects to not be resuscitated.
- Follow up to determine a resident’s Advance Care Plan as soon as possible after admission, involving other legal decision-makers as appropriate.
- Have available other options for Advance Care Planning [e.g. Living Will, Medical Durable POA, CPR Directive].
- Examine your system for communicating Advance Directives to ensure resident choice is implemented by staff.
10 Tips To Use MOST in Care Communities
MOST program information and resources