CMP Funds Use Updated by CMS
September 27, 2023
Civil Money Penalty Reinvestment Program (CMPRP) Revisions
CMS placed the CMP Grant Program on hold in May pending review of the program. They have now released their updated application, changing the amount available and types of grants that will be permitted. Here are the highlights.
- All non-nursing home applicants must have letters of support from nursing home expected to participate at the time of application.
- Grants are capped at certain amounts, based on type (see Attachment A for approved types of grants). Examples of permissible grants:
- Resident or Family Council support
- Consumer education material
- Training to Improve Quality of Care
- Activities to Improve Quality of Life
- CMS Developed Global Public Health Emergency (PHE) – Communication devices, Visitation aids, Air quality devices
- Non-allowable uses of grant funds (Attachment B)
- Mental and Behavioral Health support
- Nursing Workforce support
- Complex technology (see Attachment B, page 5 for full list)