GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Be responsible for the medication administration and treatment program to the residents. Assist the entire care giving department to ensure that the residents are safe, well cared for and comfortable. Complies with federal, state and local standards for facility operation. Incorporates the Generation’s mission, vision, and values in the daily work and interactions with others.
SCOPE OF JOB TASKS:
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Maintains adequate supply of medications and supplies vital to proper resident care.
• Ensures that all medications and treatments are administered as outlined and reports medical errors to supervisor as soon as that are noted.
• Notifies facility RN of need to train staff in medication administration and delegation as necessary.
• Provide leadership for all staff and communicates availability for staff back up based upon medication administration times.
• Provides problem solving for residents, staff and family members when needed.
• Promotes teamwork and continuity of care at all times.
• Communicates change of condition, falls and all other emergency situations to supervisor and ensures that adequate documentation of such items occurs prior to leaving shift.
• Ensures that proper documentation of unusual situations, injuries, alert charting, communication records and resident care notes occurs according to facility policy.
• Ensures compliance of Assisted Living Facility with federal, state and local standards.
• Provides supervision for care givers in absence of Director of Health Services or Administrator.
• Participates in mandatory staff training.
• Answers telephone and takes messages as necessary.
• Maintains working relationship with community hospitals and other health facilities in the community and coordinates with their services through working and transfer agreements.
• Assists with personnel and residents in establishing a home like atmosphere.
• Assists marketing staff in selling apartments.
• All other duties assigned.
• High school or equivalent
• Training in administration of medication and treatments including delegation techniques.
• C.P.R. and First Aid certified
• Certification as nurse’s assistant preferable, but not required.
• Prior experience as a caregiver in a long-term care or senior living environment preferred.
• Prior experience in medication administration preferred.
• Must keep abreast in the changes in the assisted living facility industry.
• Ability to read, write and fallow written and oral instructions in the English language.
• Knowledge of Federal and State regulations and Medicaid regulations.
Needs to be self-directed and possess the ability to make decisions. Works closely with manager, head of health services, state officials and medical personnel on a routine basis.
Physical demands: Workday 8 hours
Stairs occasional, but not required
Lifts occasional, 20lbs. maximum
Repetitive hand/foot seldom
Works indoors in well-lighted, well ventilated offices. Has the potential to work in hot conditions in resident’s apartments. Works with a variety of staff. Deals with the public, personnel, visitors, family members and residents under all circumstances.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
12791 W Alameda Pkwy
Lakewood, CO 80228