GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Plans, coordinates and provides total nursing care for residents and provides supervision and guidance to clinical staff members. Complies with federal, state and local standards for facility operation. Incorporates the Generation’s mission, vision, and values in the daily work and interactions with others.
SCOPE OF JOB TASKS:
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Review of physician orders weekly and quarterly.
• Review medication administration records and identifies any consistent discrepancies to management.
• Reviews psychotropic medications and performs assessments for appropriateness as needed.
• Performs nursing assessment/evaluations as requested by management.
• Performs clinical assessment of resident to include identification of wellness potential and appropriate referral as directed by management.
• Is aware of emergency procedures and is able to carry them out appropriately.
• Assists physicians with special tests and procedures within the scope of state specified Nursing Practices.
• Consistently receptive to approaches and or/observations by staff, residents and families.
• Promote effective inter/ intra departmental communication. All written/ oral communications need to be professional, tactful, respectful and convey a positive attitude.
• May be responsible for the teaching of medication administration.
• May maintain Tuberculin test records on all residents and staff.
• Assume the responsibility for own professional development, through continuing education and workshops.
• Responsible for review of medication administration errors and provides written/oral suggestions for plan of correction.
• Maintains communication and a positive relationship with external departments and agencies.
• Observation’s regarding department are communicated to the manager.
• Confidentiality is maintained with regard to issues related to staff, residents, their families and the facility.
• Provide manager with written reports as requested.
• Infection control/safety policies and procedures are consistently followed.
• Participate in Generations in-house surveys as requested.
• Implement, review and revise resident service plans according to current condition and changes as directed by Administrator.
• Maintains pager or cell phone for staff access and is available for support on a 24-hour basis.
• Assists personnel and residents in establishing a home-like atmosphere.
• Reviews the physical environment of the facility on a regular basis and directs requests for repair and replacement when necessary.
• Assists marketing staff in selling apartments.
• May have supervisory responsibilities over other care staff.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Valid LPN license in the state employed and in good standing.
• Valid CPR certification
• Ability to read, write, communicate, and follow written and oral instructions in the English language.
• Must have experience in the delivery of health services. Needs to have worked with personnel in a supervisory capacity and be able to demonstrate leadership and organizational skills.
• Willingness to work with the elderly.
Physical demands: Workday 8 hours
Stands often, up to 5 hours
Stairs occasional, but not required
Lifts seldom, 50lbs. maximum
Repetitive hand/foot seldom
Potential to work in hot humid conditions in some resident apartments. Work with a variety of staff. Interacts with the public, personnel, visitors, family members, and residents under all circumstances. May be required to work evenings and/or weekends, and a possible holiday.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
12791 W Alameda Pkwy
Lakewood, CO 80228