Bring your talents and passions to help others engage and live fuller lives in this full time therapeutic programming role as our newest Activities Assistant!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Full-Time Assistant Life Enrichment staff member at our Castle Peak facility located in Eagle, CO. This person will be in charge of designing and implementing activities for the residents in the Skilled Nursing and Assisted Living facility. We offer a competitive salary and complete benefit package.
Assistant Life Enrichment Job Summary:
* Responsible for the development and oversight of on-site activities and community programs that contribute to optimal qualify of life, active longevity, and resident engagement at Castle Peak.
* Assist with the Management of the Community Life
* Coordinators and community volunteers to assure that a diverse range activities consistently meets the interests, social, physical, environmental, vocational, spiritual and educational wellness of each resident complying with state and federal regulations.
The Therapeutic Activities Assistant will work to create an environment that meets the needs, wants and interests of residents, promoting all areas of group and 1-1 programming, as well as promoting desirable interaction and independence.
* Weekend, evening or night work as needed to ensure shift coverage.
– Assists with Establishing/implementing a master program plan that includes: on-going daily programs for all resident care units; 1-1 program times for all resident care units;community outings and outdoor activities.
– Coordinates weekend, evening, and holiday events through monthly calendar.
– Serves as an advisor to the resident council, with duties including but not limited to: coordinating the monthly meeting; coordinating the annual meeting; and recording/distributing meeting minutes.
– Coordinates the use of Castle Peak transportation for all residents. Ensures daily updates to in-house television station Arranges for the Community Life Department to be represented at all patient care conferences.
– Assists with family newsletter and family meetings per request of the Life Enrichment Director.
– Assists with recruitment and training of volunteers per the request of the Life Enrichment Director.
– Provides special project reports to the boards as requested.
– Coordinates the purchasing/ordering of all supplies for the Life Enrichment Department.
– Assists with Providing on-going training for all Life Enrichment staff re: program improvement/changes; policy/procedure review/changes; and regulatory compliance.
– Trains and provides feedback to CNAs to DON/ADON
– Coordinates and confirms contracted specialty services.
– Represents the Life Enrichment Department at the following inter-departmental committees: Quality Assurance; QAPI; Managers meeting; Inter-disciplinary Team; Quality Indicators; and impromptu committees as assigned.
– Develops/maintains an accurate policy/procedure manual for the Therapeutic Life Enrichment Department.
– Assists with Recruiting and maintaining volunteer program for campus.
* HS Diploma or GED
* CNA or experience in a health/human services related field preferred
* Experience in a therapeutic activity department preferred
* Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
* Ability to meet physical requirements of the job
* Functional knowledge of computer hardware and software
* Ability to respect confidentiality of resident information
* Desire to work with older adults in a long term care setting
* Ability to manage diverse individuals and large projects
* Must be eligible to work in the Federal Health Program
To be considered for this opportunity and to join the team, please apply!
Eagle is located in the recreational ski area between Vail and Glenwood Springs, Colorado. Castle Peak, by Cassia opened our facility in early September 2016 and our campus has 44 skilled nursing beds and 20 assisted living units.
Cassia is a not for profit leader in offering a full continuum of services for seniors and has locations Minnesota, Colorado, North Dakota, Iowa and Florida. Cassia is the 10th largest non-profit elder care provider in the USA. We employ over 5,000 employees and partners with more than 2,000 volunteers to serve approximately 20,000 older adults in its combined campuses and community service programs.
Cassia is an equal employment opportunity / affirmative action employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
195 Freestone Road
Eagle, CO 81631