GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Oversees medical management of residents in the skilled nursing, assisted living or memory care setting. Complies with federal, state and local standards for facility operation. Incorporates the Generation’s mission, vision, and values in the daily work and interactions with others.
SCOPE OF JOB TASKS:
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Review of physician orders weekly and quarterly.
• Review medication administration records and identifies any consistent discrepancies to management.
• Assumes responsibility for delegation as outlined by the State Board of Nursing and company policy.
• Reviews psychotropic medications and performs assessments for appropriateness as needed.
• Reviews and amends P.R.N. parameters as appropriate or necessary.
• Reviews and responds to quarterly pharmacy review, assist in corrective changes and reports results to the management.
• Performs nursing assessment as requested by management.
• Performs clinical assessment of resident to include identification of wellness potential and appropriate referral as directed by management.
• Is aware of emergency procedures and is able to carry them out appropriately.
• Consistently receptive to approaches and or/observations by staff, residents and families.
• Promote effective inter/ intra departmental communication. All written/ oral communications need to be professional, tactful, respectful and convey a positive attitude. Follow up noted items in RN communication book.
• Responsible for teaching of medication administration.
• Maintains up to date Tuberculin test records on all residents and staff.
• Lines of authority/ responsibility are understood.
• Assume the responsibility for own professional development, through continuing education and workshops.
• Responsible for review of medication administration errors and provides written/oral suggestions for plan of correction.
• Reviews resident self-administration as outlined by stated regulations or as requested by management.
• Maintains communication and a positive relationship with external departments and agencies.
• Observation’s regarding other departments are communicated to the manager.
• Confidentiality is maintained with regard to issues related to staff, residents, their families and the facility.
• Provide manager with written reports as requested.
• Infection control/safety policies and procedures are consistently followed.
• Participate in Generations in-house surveys as requested.
• Implement, review and revise resident service plans according to current condition and changes as directed by Administrator.
• Maintains pager or cell phone for staff access and is available for support on a 24-hour basis.
• Assists personnel and residents in establishing a home-like atmosphere.
• Incorporates choice, dignity, independence, individuality and privacy into job performance on a daily basis.
• Reviews the physical environment of the facility on a regular basis and directs requests for repair and replacement when necessary.
• Assists marketing staff in selling apartments.
• May have supervisory responsibilities over other care staff.
• Perform all other duties as requested by supervisor.
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
• Must have current valid state license to practice as a RN within the state of the facility. Licensure in good standing
• Certification in CPR.
• Ability to read, write, communicate, and follow written and oral instructions in the English language.
• 2-3 years’ experience in senior living (AL, MC, SNF) preferred
• Must have experience in the delivery of health services. Needs to have worked with personnel in a supervisory capacity and be able to demonstrate leadership and organizational skills.
• Needs to be self-directed and able to work independently with minimum supervision. May supervise assigned sales staff.
Physical demands: Workday 8 hours
Stands often, up to 5 hours
Stairs occasional, but not required
Lifts seldom, 50lbs. maximum
Repetitive hand/foot seldom
Potential to work in hot humid conditions in some resident apartments. Work with a variety of staff. Interacts with the public, personnel, visitors, family members, and residents under all circumstances. May be required to work evenings, weekends, and an occasional holiday.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
12791 W Alameda Pkwy
Lakewood, CO 80228