Life Care Center of Stonegate has a lot to be proud of! Our CMS 5 Star facility boasts numerous accolades, including a Deficiency Free facility, recipients of the 2018 Silver – Achievement in Quality Award from the American Health Care Association, as well as being named the 2018-2019 U.S. News & World Report Best Nursing Home for Short-Term Rehab. Our clinical product is second to none, with the facility maintaining 5 Stars in Quality Measures since the building opened in 2012. In addition, we have a great staff and an amazing Executive Director that fosters an environment of trust, caring and fun. We are a family and all of us share a passion for Stonegate to be the premier Short Term Rehab and Long Term Care facility in the south Metro area – not only for our residents and patients, but also for our associates. Our world-class facility not only is absolutely beautiful, but has state of the art equipment and facilities enhancing the patient experience.
We are hiring a Director of Nursing to join our family. The ideal candidate will have a passion for delivering the best care possible for our aging population. You will be able to make a difference in the lives that you care for, we believe our residents and staff are our highest priority.
The Director of Nursing plans, organizes, develops, and directs the overall operation of the Nursing department to ensure the highest degree of quality patient care in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Life Care standards.
Education, Experience, and Licensure Requirements
• Must have a minimum of an ASN degree from accredited college or university
• Must be currently licensed/registered in applicable State. Must maintain an active Registered Nurse (RN) license in good standing throughout employment.
• Must have two (2) years supervisory experience in a post-acute care or related setting
• Must have CPR certification upon hire or obtain during orientation. CPR certification must remain current during employment.
Specific Job Requirements
• Participates in community health matters/projects as appropriate
• Liaisons with patients, families, support departments, etc. to adequately plan for patient needs
• Must be able to collect, analyze, and manage data
• Must have expert knowledge in field of practice
• Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
• Must be knowledgeable of practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing functions in the post-acute care facility
• Must have the ability to implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the department
• Must perform proficiently in all competency areas including but not limited to: nursing care,, supervisory responsibilities, patient rights, and safety and sanitation
• Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
• Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
• Must understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures
• Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Life Care’s Code of Conduct and completes mandatory Code of Conduct and other appropriate compliance training
• Must be able to plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate, establish benchmarks, and direct staff
• Must be able to recruit, select, hire, train, evaluate, counsel, and supervise nursing staff
• Must be able to assign appropriate level of CNAs and LPNs per shift
• Must be able to effectively manage department budget
• Must be able to direct care provided by nursing staff
• Must be able to provide direct nursing care as necessary
• Must be able to perform functions of a staff nurse as required
• Must be able to effectively manage and operate within budget
• Must exhibit excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards patients
• Must be able to assist in the evacuation of patients
• Must demonstrate dependable, regular attendance
• Must be able to concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment
• Must be able to communicate and function productively on an interdisciplinary team
• Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, reach, and move intermittently during working hours
• Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
Benefits for Full-Time Associates
• medical, dental, vision, life and short-term disability coverage
• paid vacation, sick days and holidays
15720 Garden Plaza Drive
Parker, CO 80134