Check Your PBJ Submission
April 20, 2023
May 15 Payroll Based Journal (PBJ) deadline to submit staffing hours for January 1 – March 31, 2023
- Providers should submit their data early and review the staffing reports that are available in CASPER to verify the accuracy and completeness of their submission. If errors are found, providers should correct the data prior to the final submission deadline. Corrections are not accepted after the deadline.
- Providers should utilize the instructions in the employee ID linking file to link an old employee’s ID to a new one in order to maintain the reporting of an employee’s hours through an employee ID change (change of vendor, etc.).
- CMS has several resources to help answer provider questions on PBJ.
- CMS PBJ Website
- Five Star Technical User Guide
- Technical Questions should be directed to: email@example.com
- Policy Questions should be directed to: NHStaffing@cms.hhs.gov
Post provided courtesy of AHCA/NCAL